Congratulations on purchasing your Hidden Hills property!
Before you can move in to your new home you know you need to pack, but what else do you need to do? We’ve made an easy guide to follow for this transition.
The journey for finding Hidden Hills Calabasas houses for sale is nearing its end. You’ve found your dream home, closed the deal and secured the title. What’s next?
The only thing left is the actual moving in for you and your family. With all the joy and excitement in the air, you need to start formulating a plan that will make your transfer to your new home as smooth and hassle-free as possible.
- Deal with the utilities – The first thing you need to deal with after closing the deal is your home’s basic utilities. It is important to have your electricity and water connected and updated before you move in. This will ensure that you will have the basics ready, the moment you and your family step into your new home.
- Organize and consolidate your documents – Another important thing you should never miss is to organize and consolidate your documents pertaining to your new home. It is advisable that you put them all in a single folder to save you from all the hassle of searching for specific documents when the time comes.
- Hire a trusted moving services provider – Once you have decided the exact moving date, you can now get in touch with a professional moving services provider who can help transfer all of your stuff safely to your new home. Moreover, you may also want to consider buying several cartons where you can pack and organize your stuff. Label them all so you won’t have a hard time sorting them out when you have already completed the move.
- Get someone to check on your children – Before the moving day arrives, you need to find someone who will look over your kids when the day arrives. This will allow you to focus more intently on the nitty-gritty that comes with the moving process. Just make sure that the person you will pick is someone you truly trust.
- Replace old locks and security codes – Before moving in, you need to buy a new set of locks for all of your doors. Moreover, you should also update your security code. Keep in mind that you will be transferring your family to a new environment, with new neighbors, so better be safe than sorry.
- Let people them know your new address – Let other people know where you will be residing, but choose only your close associates, trusted friends, and relatives. It is important that these people know where to find you.